Uh...........What am I?

Rosenrot

I have this rock and for the life of me I can't remember what it is. I remember the name began with an h. It's not howlite, that I know for sure. It has these gold like pieces in it. Any ideas?

unknown.jpg unknown2.jpg

Lady of Light

Administrator
I'm no rock expert, but I thought I'd go for a search to see what I can find. It does look a lot like howlite. And I know you said it started with an H, but my H search turned up nothing but howlite. But, the next closest that my eyes see as the same look would be this candle quartz.

120522x.jpg

I'm sure this is probably not it either, but i thought i'd put it out there.

SUNSHINE

Hello Rosenrot I know this is only a guess but from what I can see and again sorry it doesn't start with an H but what about PYRITE. It does look quite similar to a piece I have.

Rosenrot

Funny thing is, Tom (Thought on a Wind) and I went back to the rock shop today because I had school in the area and he accompanied me since I didn't sleep last night and was worried about me driving alone. The shop had their retailers only section open to the public and I found out what this rock is. It is called Muscovite. The muscovite is the mica like things that I thought were little gold color pieces. they looked goldish because they were reflecting the color of the light. Anyways I want to post information on muscovite like I did with the other crystals and stones. Should I do that in a new thread? Also Tom bought me a big chunk of muscovite today as well as some other stones and crystals! :) I don't think I will have time to take pictures though, because of homework.

Lionessa

Ahhh :) You found it... I was going to say it looks like its got some pyrite in it, but glad that you found the name of it.

Rosenrot

Its supposed to help with insomia, so I put the new piece under my bed along with a small flat piece under my pillow. I seem to fall asleep faster. :)

Lionessa

Good, good. :) Amethyst is also supposed to help with insomnia by the way,
but yep, glad that it helps you fall into dreamland faster. Must meld with your energies well! Nice!