Favorite Stones or Crystals

Rosenrot

Are there any particular stones or crystals you are drawn to? I am drawn to sodalite and bloodstone. Everytime I go to the rockshop by us, I always look for a rough tumbled piece of Sodalite and Blood Stone.

Sodalite:
One of the main reasons I am drawn to Sodalite is that I heard it was referred to as the artist's stone. Its supposed to help with creativity. I normally keep a piece or two on me when I am trying to think of what to do for a project. Another reason I like the stone, is that it reminds me of outerspace. The white streaks remind me of galaxies.

Sodalite-1-web.jpg

Here is some info I found online about Sodalite.
Sodalite encourages being true to self and standing up for your beliefs. A stone of self-expression and confidence, Sodalite can aid in issues of self-worth, self-acceptance, and self-esteem. Sodalite promotes intuition and a trust in one's own judgment, which can be a great ally in daily life. Sodalite helps to achieve emotional balance, releasing old conditioning and programming of the past which no longer serves.

A stone of awakening, Sodalite stimulates the Pineal Gland and the Third Eye, and deepens meditation. Sodalite is helpful for those who find themselves to be over-emotional, due to its ability to focus energy on the Third-Eye and Throat Chakras. This will allow one to use more logic and intuition, rather than the emotions from an over-developed Heart Chakra. Sodalite helps to enhance psychic abilities while discouraging any obsession about such abilities.

Sodalite encourages discipline and will in one's personal and public lives, and can be a facilitator of career advancement when used in this manner. Carrying Sodalite during the day can help one to find efficient ways of dealing with daily tasks and problems.

BloodStone: A reason I like bloodstone is the coloring and healing properties. My boyfriend has a decent sized piece of rough tumbled bloodstone in the shape of a heart. I sometimes hold on to it when I am in pain and it seems to help.

Bloodstone1-web.jpg

Here is some info I found about Bloodstone.

[h=2]Bloodstone Gemstone meaning[/h] Bloodstone (also called heliotrope) is green with distinctive red spots that resemble blood, giving this stone its name. The bloodstone was used to stop bleeding especially nosebleeds.
There is a legend that says the bloodstone was formed from the blood of Christ dripping on the green earth and solidifying. It was also called heliotrope by the Greeks and was thought to bring change. The bloodstone has been used as an amulet to protect against the evil eye. Bloodstone is the symbol of justice.
[h=2]Healing properties of bloodstone[/h] The bloodstone is used for circulation of all energy in the body and helps to remove energy blocks. Bloodstone is used in the alignment of all the centers of the body. A healer must do this alignment while the patient lies on his stomach. It also aids in the circulation of blood. It is good to have several pieces of Bloodstone in the home to increase the flow of life energy.

Sorry for the long post.

Rosenrot

I like Amethyst too, but not as drawn to it as the others. Still I check the quartz bins when I go to the rock shop too. It is one of my best friends favorite stones. My sister-in-law gave me a decent size piece quartz point for Christmas and I can't really tell if it is Tangerine or Champagne Quartz. I should probably post a picture of it. Will do When I get a chance.