Looking to Relate

allibee23

I'm an empathic medium and often feel both spirit emotion energy and general emotion energy in a location... I'm curious to know how others experience this gift?

What are your triggers?

In what situations do you most often use your talent?

Lady of Light

Administrator
I am what I call an extreme empath. I take on so much, so easily, and I find it very hard to control. I have shielding in place, but have to cut empathic energy ties often just to keep sane.

Triggers for me are people with negative energy, and depression, those are the worst.

I use mine more for reading people, reading their pictures I'll feel things, and also for counseling it really helps to feel what someone is going through. That's what comes to mind right off.

angelicrealmz

Hello allibee23 I haven't been told that I am empathic, but I know how it feel's to be so overwhelmed by so many different feelings. I always feel pain in my back and neck at different times throughout the day. When I'm not feeling that, I feel like I can't breath and also get dizzy spells. I really don't have certain triggers. I'm always feeling something and it's usually not good. I would love to keep in touch with you, I would really love to have someone to talk to in more detail about so many other things that I would love to make sense of.
I wish you many blessing's!

Oct0bermoon

Hello allibee23
im highly sensitive empath , I use this mostly to help my family & friends with other people that come into their lives they don't listen to me though but always come back saying you were right sometimes 10+ yrs later :). I also like counseling and helping people figure out what's going on in their life by helping them see other sides and bringing light into it ,I have many triggers the hardest for me is animal abuse or child abuse. I get low for the rest of the day seeing post of such. I also pick up on others energy which at times drags me down and I need to seperate myself from them or put a huge block up , to release all the energy I find grounding in nature the best medicine , if it's just to cold I will listen to relaxing music burn some incense and sage.
Peace,love&light

allibee23

I'm so glad for your responses! Thank you for sharing these things. Oct0bermoon, you are a creature of great patience. People's understanding sometimes comes along so slowly, but I love that you show we still help out of love. It gives me courage. Sometimes I'm not so patient. I especially appreciated your note on grounding in nature. I will definitely do more to make use of that opportunity where I'm at, especially in recovery from exposure to violence. Those are terrible things to carry!

angelicrealmz, I'm not well-experienced in these things, but I appreciate your eagerness to connect. I'm not sure I have the kind of support you're looking for. :) But I'm glad to have a friend.

Lady of Light, Thanks for responding. I'm have great admiration for people who can use their talents to help people who come to them. I've never done readings, in person or otherwise (not on demand anyway, most times it's just what strikes me at the time, unprompted). How did you develop your shielding? What do you do to build your defenses?

Lady of Light

Administrator
Lady of Light, Thanks for responding. I'm have great admiration for people who can use their talents to help people who come to them. I've never done readings, in person or otherwise (not on demand anyway, most times it's just what strikes me at the time, unprompted). How did you develop your shielding? What do you do to build your defenses?

My basic shield, for protection and keeping away negative energy was something that I learned when I was a teenager researching/starting into witchcraft. My latest shield, which is specifically for blocking empathic energy I developed 2 years ago after falling into a very deep suicidal depression. It was after I got away for a week, and came back home and realized that the feelings weren't originating from me, and so I developed my shield to block it out. I pictured a wall being build around myself, brick by brick falling into place as I would repeat that I don't want to feel that way anymore and that I don't want to feel others, I only want to feel what is me. Instantly, it all went away. It was like night and day for me, and I've been great since.

Regardless of how you do it, you have to make sure you have something in place to block stuff out, or it can completely overtake you, leaving you feeling you have no way out.

Counseling I've been doing since I was a kid. I always helped my big sister with her problems. I labeled myself as her "psychologist" for many years, and still do, lol. So, I figured if I can help her, I can help anyone, and I have. Readings on the other hand, is something that has been developing throughout the years, and finally came to a point of being able to read on demand, but of course, I use my Tarot cards mostly for that. The best thing to do for reading people, if you want to be able to read on demand is to try, and take notes of everything you get, if anything at all. My anxiety used to (and still sometimes does) get in the way for on demand readings, and I do my best when fully relaxed. So I prefer reading online, rather than in person, but I offer both.

I think I've rambled on enough for now, lol. :)

allibee23

Thank you for the input and detail. I have little support where I am, but suffer greatly from anxiety. I hope building the barriers up will be helpful! It's hard to remember when I've been calm, and it only happens in short moments. The rest of the time it feels like I'm walking between two major gulfs, ready to accept whichever way I fall. I'm going to give the barriers a real shot in my meditation practice!