MelissaP

I hope I've got this in the right category. My question is, for those who channel: what does it feel like when you are channeling? Is there a way you feel that makes you know that the thoughts in your head are from another energy? Thanks!

Lady of Light

Administrator
For me, when I'm channeling, it is one of the most calm feelings I've ever experienced. It's like being in a daydream, but more aware. Hard to explain. It took me years to realized that I was channeling, and it wasn't my own thoughts, so it can be difficult to differentiate at first. Again, for me... it's those "thoughts" that come to me that make perfect sense, and just seem to come out of nowhere. They are worded well, and make me sound like i know what I'm talking about, lol. Without my channel, I'm not nearly as intelligent sounding as I am, because my brain goes numb and I turn stereotypically blonde.

It started for me as what seemed like normal thoughts, but once I realized it wasn't, (I had an "aha" moment, which is another sign your channeling), I started writing it all down. From then, I have been able to differentiate 2 separate channels, which often work together to give me the information.

I've channeled my whole life, but I've only KNOWINGLY channeled and written it down, in the last 5 years.

So, all i can really say is to pay attention to the type of thoughts you have. If they are unusual, or they don't fit what you would normally think about, then you are most likely channeling.

Here are 2 articles I wrote on channeling from my own personal experiences.

My Channel: How It Works For Me - Wake up and Unhypnotize

Channeling: You Do It And Don’t Even Know It - Wake up and Unhypnotize

MelissaP

Thank you, Lady of Light!!!! That makes sense to me - I think I have been doing it too and didn't know it. For example, when I'm in my car alone, pondering stuff, and a "morsel of wisdom" pops into my head, (an "aha!" moment) and I'm like, "Dude!" I think I also may channel when something funny or creative pops in my head (not sure, maybe I can take credit for those!) I've always felt that there were some things I can do without working too hard - when I was younger, I could play piano quite well. I'm also a pretty darn good dancer, although I never took classes beyond preschool. I didn't know if these were past-life things I've retained or what.

So, when we channel, do you know who or what these thoughts are coming from? Guides? Loved ones?

Lady of Light

Administrator
Thank you, Lady of Light!!!! That makes sense to me - I think I have been doing it too and didn't know it. For example, when I'm in my car alone, pondering stuff, and a "morsel of wisdom" pops into my head, (an "aha!" moment) and I'm like, "Dude!" I think I also may channel when something funny or creative pops in my head (not sure, maybe I can take credit for those!) I've always felt that there were some things I can do without working too hard - when I was younger, I could play piano quite well. I'm also a pretty darn good dancer, although I never took classes beyond preschool. I didn't know if these were past-life things I've retained or what.

Yes! That's exactly what I'm talking about!!

A lot of mine comes to me when I get frustrated, or I see that people need answers for something. But, sometimes, stuff just comes. I write so much that I've got over 20 documents on the go at a time. I haven't been writing so much over the last couple months because of stresses from everything around me, busy with the group, Christmas, birthdays, etc. Things are settled now, so, I'm trying to get back to it.

So, when we channel, do you know who or what these thoughts are coming from? Guides? Loved ones?

Well, I'm pretty sure the majority of it is from guides, but if you get something that you are compelled to say to someone, right then and there, then I would say it's most likely a loved one, either yours or theirs (most likely theirs).

SUNSHINE

Hello everyone and am I glad I popped in to read this thread. So it is called channeling - hum I never knew it had a name but I have been doing a lot of this and especially when I am reading a picture. A lot of times when I am looking into a picture I will begin to see spirits coming forward and sometimes they will start to talk to me and tell me to tell the person that gave me the picture all sorts of things. Most of the time it is messages they want to relay about being with someone special or not having any more pain. sometimes the messages don't mean anything to me but the words seem to come out of my head, through my fingers and on to the keys as I type. Once I am finished typing the message and it has been delivered I get such a feeling of relief and exhilaration - almost a feeling of euphoria comes over me. I have been doing this for years now and never knew what to call it. I am so thankful for this group because I am learning so much.

Rumas

Administrator
Staff member
Channeling for me is not just words, but the idea that comes with it. It is sometimes accompanied with that aha! moment or eureka feeling, and you don't need to processes the information.

Last edited:

MelissaP

Thank you for your replies, Sunshine and Rumas! I am just beginning to learn that I might be channeling, so I'm still not entirely clear on what is from my own imagination. :) Thank you for explaining how it works for you.

Kelly Devine

Interesting! I have always day dreamed and wrote stories and poetry the way described above. I want to thank you for this information. I will pay more attention next time I slip into a trance... and see what I "whoever" come up with!

Lionessa

Quite honestly, if ever a higher being decides to come through in form of a message, often I find the vibrations are raised to the point where the message come through. So as the vibrational energy is lifted the connection itself is made and I do feel peaceful often after the message has been heard. Sometimes reads work that way for me too especially if the positive energy is present. e.g they will type themselves out onto the page and link in that way, strange that though but true. I'm not sure if that's channelling though but my writing usually channels its way through as well, so its a form of auto writing or typing.