Starting out, kinda of

Rosenrot

I read tarot cards. Problem is that I have only read people that I know. I want to be able to give readings to people I don't know. I think participating in Free Reading Fridays would be a good idea, however I am kinda shy and feel uncertain of my abilities. Everyone I read (well except for one person, who is very pretentious) said I was good at giving readings. I am just wondering if anyone had any tips or ideas on how to get over my shyness and lack of confidence, so I can do more readings for people. Thank you. :)

Lady of Light

Administrator
the best advice i can give is to just get in there and do it. ask for feedback, this will help boost your confidence. I've been reading for years now, and I'm still not sure of my abilities . :) And the feedback really does wonders for when the confidence slips!

do your best, don't second guess yourself, go with what your first instinct is in any reading situation. Before you know it, you will be reading like a pro. :)

SUNSHINE

Hey there Rosenrot don't let it bother you when you feel shy and uncertain. I am very embarssed when i tell someone something. I always feel like they are laughing at me but the more i learn and the more i begin to trust myself the better it gets. I can read pictures and can see all sorts of things in the pictures that others either don't or can't see but that doesn't mean they are not there. I also talk to spirits and they are forever coming to me but I love it when they come for a visit. It almost seems at times that I can do so many things that I never realized i could do and it is so wonderful. Don't be shy - just go for it and never second guess yourself and before you know it you will feel like a pro.

Rosenrot

Thank you. :) I think I just got shaken up because of the negativity one friend threw at me. Plus, my family does not know I read. My brother is actually scared of tarot readings. Thank God my sister-in-law isn't. So if she ever wants a reading I can give her one.

suemac13

Hi. Im new here. I love this page. I can understand you feeling a bit uneasy -I do also. I have never learned tarot cards -id love to learn. Feel free to practice on me - if you are comfortable doing it long distance :)

Lionessa

You can practice on me any time. I know where you are coming from though I have the same trouble but find I cannot seem to read for people that I know. I have to set aside what I know about them and work with what I don't know!